About New Energy Cities
Pioneering the Clean Energy Economy in the Northwest
The New Energy Cities program is catalyzing pioneering communities to take charge of their energy future and drive investment toward a clean, renewable, super-efficient energy system that generates significant local economic development.
We target communities not typically in the vanguard of green innovation, but nonetheless primed for success and positioned to become leading examples of what is possible. Important criteria for choosing our pioneer communities include:
- Major political leaders are involved and committed to bold leadership
- Clean energy jobs are a top economic development priority
- Key private sector leaders are eager to embrace the clean energy economy
- Local utility companies are willing to engage and collaborate
- The community shows an appetite for clean energy leadership
- Local programs can accelerate the deployment of capital into the community
We offer expertise in city-level program innovation, policy leadership, finance, and public engagement, as well as in sustainability strategies and 21st century energy systems.